Sunday, February 7, 2010

Motel Mommie??

Well, as previously stated...there is A LOT to this running a motel in the beach area! The "kids" last night were, mostly, good. At least half of them responded IMMEDIATELY when I called their room at 2:15AM...the 3:15AM wake up was a guest on my front porch, cursing on his phone, in Polish or something of the like...his roommate had passed out drunk and wasn't answering the phone.....grrrrr., I let him in, begrudgingly... sleep was not my friend for the rest of the evening....double grrr!

Last week, some of our 'homeless friends' showed up, I have set aside a few rooms that don't yet have the upgraded bedding and I am pretty strict with everyone on the smoking, noise, etc....you may recall the story about Nancy making oatmeal at 4am in the gazebo a month or so ago...well...she's baaack. She is actually very nice, it is so alarming to see/wonder how these people get taken advantage of....she paid for 5 nights (rain on the horizon)....early morning, shouting awoke us all....Nancy checked out that morning and got a refund....not going to invite her back...

Richard has been sober for 38 days now, and its really spectacular to see the changes...he stopped in for one night...

So, this evening, adorable young couple stopped in to check rates for a few nights. He is scheduled on base, nearby. I gave a great rate, she got nervous and mentioned that she was afraid to stay alone...he will be working tonight, but here the next few. What a sweet girl. I let her know that I lived on property, with hunny and it was a pretty cool place. She was still trepidatious...(sp?)...I suggested they stop by the TravelLodge since its a hallway- hotel type of place, they left for about 5 minutes, then returned. She mentioned again that she was scared, I asked her what she was afraid of...she said, "Um, I don't know really, I have just seen movies..." eek, that scares me! Why DO people watch scary movies?? stop already...

Oh,,,and then, I broke one of my rules, should have known better. NO , we dont rent by the hour...well not for "THAT"., However, yesterday when hunny got up, there was a woman sitting on our front porch, about an hour later (it was quite cold and rainy), he woke me up and said the lady was asking when the office would open. Then my housekeeper showed up, they chatted in Spanish, Hskp told me the woman said she had been sleeping on my porch all night...what?...We have HUGE letters on our office door that say OFFICE...maybe we need to put "NOT THE OFFICE" on our front door...just a thought (sort of like that "Not the mama" from that dinosaur sitcom...please, I hope someone remembers that show...that was the funniest part- when he looked at his dad, rather than mommie and daddy, it was "Mama" and "Not the Mama" hehehe, anywho...the gal tells me that she was dropped off hours before and her ride had still not arrived, and she literally just needed to sleep for a few hours...It was 9AM, I told her that she could stay till noon so the housekeeper could clean the room and we could rent it in the evening, I charged her a super low price, she was grateful and said, "Noon." At that point I noticed a wrist band...hoped she had been at a concert the night before...hindsight says, nope, hospital ID. We finally got her to leave at 11:30 today and she came back several times to talk to the housekeeper...she was convinced that the closet door in her room led directly to the OFFICE., poor soul...

SO, not much humor in the last few days but a lot of need to "take care" of our guests...The good news, my winter price drop...its keeping us pretty busy:)....ready for spring and a full house!

No comments:

Post a Comment