Monday, July 19, 2010

Summer in So Cal...Eh Hem...IT'S SUMMER IN SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA AT THE BEACH!

Yes, yes, yes, I AM shouting! Ugh...Okay, there has been so much to share but it has all been so consistent that I have vented briefly on FB rathter than settling in to do a full post.

UGH...I don't want to only complain here...so I will be sure to share some of the fun times and kudos and reviews from guests, however, what sent me straight to the keyboard was the "walk ins" from a minute ago, I really want to scream but that would probably freak out the guests in the courtyard, so I will blog;)...

I am waiting on a checkin, its been pretty gloomy the past 2 days after 6 days of heatwave and amazing sunshine, business arrives with the sun, for sure...I am giving smokin' deals right now, $20-$25 off, list price for a single is $84, offering $59 for a single...and the woman who just came in (I just deleted 4 explatives...)...asks the price, asks for comparable prices in the neighborhood (what? that's your job, not mine..)wants to see the room (which is fine) they like it , speak in Japanese, say yes they will take it, then she comes back to the office and says, "We leaving in the morning so we like $60 out the door...", Um, well, just so you know, everyone is leaving in the morning and sorry sweet edamame, but you have to pay the tax...ugh...argh....grrrr, she says, "oh no, we pay $60, we leave in the morning." I say, "Sorry, then go someplace else if you only want to pay $60."...

So, there is a December post about the deadhead wannabe's, well their band was back this weekend...there was no residual vomit or requirement to replace duvet covers, so that's good... but the B.O and patchouli, lingered in the office vestibule for 2 days, and well, the "NO SMOKING OF ANYTHING" in the rooms, well, they didn't quite follow that...(there is a pipe in lost and found;). These people are a lot of work, they bring the entire bar back to the motel in between sets, they only booked 5 out of 16 rooms this time so they had to be respectful of other guests, they weren't...I'm not inviting them back...though they will try again in august...ugh.

So, we have had some folks book online, visit from North Carolina, who love the place so much, they have invited family up from SD, they are such great guests, funloving and social, respectful of the property (and washcloths...my housekeeper is a stickler) and just take advantage of the location (great for surfing) and loving the BBQ...

We have been gifted, movie tickets, ribeyes, had dinner made for us, and have met some really great people. On the good days, its great, on the "WTF are they thinking days"...it takes a toll. I know, I care too much, its my cross to bear, but what has always made my employers hearts sing, I treat their business as my own, so yes, I have actually (embarrassed to say), cried when I found a guests bf kicking back and SMOKING in the room, perhaps I was crying because she was a repeat guest who paid a cash deposit in the past and had been perfect, well this time (broke my own...I know better than that) rule, and didn't charge a deposit....went out to change my laundry over around 11, (office had been closed an hour) smelled smoke, didnt see anyone in the courtyard, f-er...lounging in the chair smoking away and drinking a 211 (yuck)...I came unglued, his girl was passed out on the bed (the good guest), told them not to come back...aired out and did my due dilligence and am P.O'd that I couldn't charge them that exorbinant smoking charge...ooh, back to the good stuff, only had one single left and a nice gal had called before the Asian cheapskate showed up, nice gal just showed so room was available for her...I LOVE THAT!

Gosh so much has gone on over the past months, we are the hotspot for a surf legend, a van rolled over right out front, we are renting bikes and boogies now, and surf boards (since I bought a few longboards off some European guests who didn't want to pay shipping to have their boards sent home) and , fortunately, this weekend, I remembered to have the bike renters sign the release of liability waiver....since a pedal fell right off the bike!

Over the 4th, a guest got locked out (really locked out, not just forgot her key)..doorknob stopped working...had to go in through the window to open the door and put them in the room next door, I knew there was a reason we had that ONE room vacant! And yes, for those long term readers...it did happen to be the SAME room that Richard got locked IN, in December!! Crazy!

And speaking of Richard, we were really concerned that something had happened to him since we hadn't seen him in so long, and he had gone from sober to really really drunk after his boat wasn't a reality. He showed up about around Father's Day, drunk but alive and well, actually he was the one who bought us the ribeyes. It makes my heart sad to seem him so drunk and lonely, he befriends anyone and everyone who walks by, thats actually why he likes this place, we don't let him bring his friends and he gets some rest...

It's an adventure...I am trying not to get jaded...I have my days...my day off girl moved to Texas so the last one was mid June when I took Mommie to Lion King, that was SOO fantastic! And frankly, the next one may be the drag races in November (unless we set a wedding date before that;).

After the loss of my sweet sweet kitty Lodie, who blessed me for 17 years, my other sweet pea was depressed and sad so we gifted him with a kitten...he didn't believe that was for him for the first few days, but Otis, the new kitten, was resilient and persistent and just kept bringing love to Pipie, so Pipie gave in and its been less than a month of all this kitten energy and everyone is feeling better, and more on their toes;). Though I miss Lodie SOOO SOOOO SOOOOOOO MUch each and every day, he would had totally approved of this little one...Otis is a fetcher, just like Lodie, maybe Angel Lodie is rearing him with Pipie...a kitty mommie can hope...

Positive stuff next time...hopefully;)! Its more an adventure than an attitude though...you get that...right>?

No comments:

Post a Comment