Saturday, January 2, 2010

For "Crazy" Press "One"....

Actually, it was the other way around, answer with friendly greeting, response from raving lunatic, jealous wife...WOW...that's all I can say... I will get back to this!

So, I haven't blogged in a bit as it was pretty slow and uneventful for the last few weeks of December, we still have to be here in case someone drops in, so we had a wonderful and quiet Christmas here at home, and scheduled a desert Christmas with hunny's family and had my family up the next day. It was really fantastic...and right in between the two...a proposal...Yep...life is getting better and better, we are engaged!!!! I am so happy, excited and grateful that the path of destiny could not be thwarted:)...Nuff about me...I should do an alternate blog to chronicle us:).

So-I may have said it in a previous post...but Reality TV has NOTHING on Reality when running a motel...nothin'!

New Years Eve I kept the office open till Midnight with hopes of stragglers, we actually had seven rooms booked which was great considering at 2pm, there was only one person here! Some great friends have become our most frequent guests (room rates are so fantastic that even locals want to spend the night in town!) We planned accordingly and grilled up steaks and a broccoli au gratin, they introduced us to the yummiest little appetizer (which many guests enjoyed too!) grilled summer sausage, grilled ahaheim peppers and a slice of (Christmas Tree shaped) cheddar...YUM! We had some beers and a Red Bull and hoped we could make it till midnight (I had to...but they could have retired early- troopers- we all made it!) In the midst, our other guests came and went to OC Tavern and Molly Blooms and had a great time, we shared snacks with them. A passerby asked if he could join us for a beer, he sat in, had a beer with him. Turns out he had stopped by a few weeks earlier for prices and our rates were higher than he was hoping, he had been in a less than savory place down the street and was planning on moving to Oceanside the next day (works on contract at San Onofre Nuclear Plant). This is the slow season so I offered to match the price of the Oside place. He came back New Years Day and checked in for the week.

We made it to midnight, toasted, and went to bed! The night was chilly enough outside that I was most comfy in my big coat, haven't been able to wear it since Aspen last December! A mellow evening with good food and good friends and pretty decent occupancy. A nice close to a rocky year.

GOOD EVENING....SUNSHINE....
So, here's where nutter butter comes in. I pick up the office phone around 6:30 or 7pm on NY Day. I give my cheerful greeting when answering...and get the response "Who is this?" I repeat the biz name and get a gruff, WHO is this? I state my name and hear it back in my perky inflection...then I am asked my age, I pause and ask the woman her age, she mocks me and repeats the question, I tell her that is irrelevant and ask how I can help (keep in mind for the first minute + of this conversation, I wasn't certain this was a real caller, thoguht it was a friend playing a joke..) then, the woman flips out and says I spent NYE with her husband and I'm a tramp and she doesn't know what type of business I am running but she is sending the police. I invite her to send the police and tell her, "I am running a nice, cute, clean, respectable little Inn." This infuriates her, she tells me her husband is staying here and she knows I lured him in with beer and she is angry because he told her I was old and clearly I am not...I replied, that I personally didnt think I was OLD and it would be offensive, but maybe he did think I was old...she was even angrier...as you can imagine. She then called me, well if you think tramp with a W or S...those were tossed around. I was still speaking in my phone voice, and asked how I could be of assistance. She went on about my luring her husband in and I informed her that my fiancee (how exciting:), and two guests/ friends were sitting at an outdoor table and that was it. She hung up, called back, ranted, mocked my name and speaking tone, screamed that I could have him, that he was a loser and good luck etc., she then asked that I deliver the message that she would be shutting his phone off and his credit cards. I asked her to repeat that as I hadn't fully understood her (she was in high pitched, howler monkey tone) she screamed back "EXCUSE ME?" she repeated herself and I asked if she would like to be transferred as this wasn't a message that I would be delivering. I visualize that her head must have spun around at this moment...(Keep in mind...I am beyond shocked and feeling caught off guard and assaulted...yet at work so I am holding my tongue as I get called every explative in the book)....I tell her happy new year and hang up. She (in good stalker fashion) calls right back, I think this was actually the 5th call, she opens by asking if I have a record and says she is having me checked out, I let her know, that no, I do not have a record (don't we all listen to Ipods and CD's this day in age...? hehehe...Police record), she goes into what a loser and big drinker her husband is and how she hates him (shouldn't she be thrilled that he is out of town working? and I am thinking, well,,,,you sound like a bit of a shrieking drinker yourself....of course I did NOT say this, being professional and all...)Anyhow, I tell her that I am not interested, nor is anything about her husband, or her, any of my business, he is a paying guest like all others and as long as he follows the rules, and pays his fees, he is a guest....She starts in again on how she is calling the police, and was having our establishment checked out, I invited her, once again to do so and request that she stop harrassing me and calling. I tell her good night and hang up...Interestingly enough...she abided by my request...After calling me every tawdry name in the book...oof.

WOW...I was shaken up for about an hour...that was all just not fun....and to think...we have been having issues with the phones and calls have not been coming in....YET, I get this one...my oh my....

Happy Healthy New Year to you all!

Light evening tonight, but waiting for our fave (punk) rock star to check in;)

Please don't hold any typos against me, not proof reading this and typed quickly because I got the adrenaline rush from the crazy lady story!

No comments:

Post a Comment