Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Food for thought...Everywhere...

Goodness, I feel like I am part of a subculture, on occasion, now. My empathy has to be outrun by my business sense and responsibility...I will admit, this post isn't funny...so be prepared.

Yesterday, the office was pulled apart, electrical issues being worked out which caused huge dust messes and internet to be down etc...a fella came in just after 4. He was polite and offered his ID and credit card, I would have thought he was homeless, he may be, but he had what he needed to rent a room. He was very kind. I attempted to run his card, but since our internet was down, it wouldn't go through...I called for authorization but our merchant number wasn't registering and they suggested I call the number on the credit card, directly, it was his debit card, the bank wouldn't give me any info, he was so patient. He spoke with the bank, he had used his debit card to withdraw more than $300 that day so they released funds, he got cash and paid for his room. I was emphatic about the no smoking in the rooms, he assured that he would smoke outside....

Oh my, well, I guess he thought I said, "smoke only IN the room and make sure you stay in bed..." There was a half pack of cigarettes in the bed and a full cup of cigarette butts on the side along with a devoured package of cookies, bag of chips, partially consumed sring cheese, chocolate milk, candy bars and an un opened can of chili...it was a lot to take in, he also left his big winter coat on the bed, looked like he slept just under the comforter with his jacket on top of him.

He was a good sport and left his room key, I couldn't bring myself to charge his card for the smoking deposit (sucker..) oof, maybe its my holiday spirit...

I just felt bad for him...

lighter and brighter next time...I promise!

Melancholy tonight because my mister went out to a show that I couldn't go with because I was working...and I didn't have ANY walk-ins and we only have two rooms booked..oh well, at least I wrote a little sad stuff for y'all.

Still thankful for absolutely everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment