Sunday, December 6, 2009

One, Two, Three...Um, NO!

Holy moly Catwoman....Batman too...This is so interesting...I am amazed a few times a week...again, if they don't ask, they don't know AND well, back in the day...the answer was yes...I have a chore ahead to let the general population know that we are a hip and funky and respectable operation;).

I will say, I am really grateful for our heater...its been chilly! I spend quite a bit of time in the office during the day, it gets good light, has a heater and actually gets some fresh air too!

Okay...so, within two days, I had three people ask for the rate for "two, three and eight hours..." Um, well most people complain that they get a hotel room for less than 24 hours and it seems like a bit of a rip off, with check in at 3 or 4 and check out at 11 or 12...but, no, these folks just need a few hours...My answer each time is the same, "Well our daily rates are great and you can get a single bed for $64 on weekdays and $69 on weekends, and well, you can leave whenever you would like...OMG, I don't need to know what might be going on...people who want to rent during the day are particularly annoyed by my response...I had a gal a few days ago who came by while I was out and hunny called to let me talk to her, it was just after noon and she wanted to pay $40 to have a room from 12-8, "Just to shower"....umm, well, you will be really pruney after an 8 hour shower AND, you will totally run up the water bill! those weren't my comments, but again, what I was thinking...what was funny was her fervor and determination in telling me that the good news was that she would be gone by 8pm on Friday night...um, and that helps me how? the room still needs to be cleaned before someone else can check in...she pushed and pushed and I responded, "Really? Do you want to know how my business works? If so, I can spend the time to explain it, but I will pre-empt with the fact that I cannot rent you a room for a few hours for $40....she got irritated and hung up on me.

What is most interesting is how everyone wants to spend $40 for x hours...is that the going rate at the hourly places? On a slow night, its tempting, just to get $ on the books...however, I am guessing the "by the hour folk" won't refer the folks we are looking for...wow...anywho, I declined the offer on all three...so I guess the lesson is: even if you're looking for the 'by the hour'- ask for the lowest rate for the night....

Other than that, we had a pretty good weekend. I connected with the MGR at OC Tavern and he is up for some cross marketing... that is awesome...AND...we had a few people from Goody's, band mates and their girlfriends and fans, staying over last night. I am encouraging people to review us on travel advisor and yelp..let's hope they do...and its good!

Ciao for now, it's my 'official' night off, steak, spinach, mac n cheese...and going to bed early...HEAVEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment