Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Dryer, Dryer, Pants on Fire...

Wer'e getting closer! Most rooms have remotes for the TV's that work now, thanks to Tim. I made a little punch list for the owners as well as a pseudo wish list so we can get things crackin'!

Just got a call from a guest that the dryer is only doing the 'air fluff' thing...he was right, gave his money back and distracted him with a few funny stories and I'm back in the house:).

Insane winds this morning, which, initially, caused me to believe that one of our umbrellas blew away...until we noticed that the firepit AND wood...were also gone...this lit a fire under our fannies to get the surveillance system hooked up...say CHEESE! I'm ready for my close-up....no, not really...even with my new BRUNETTE hair!

We get a few walk ins each day and since I am fervently working to change the energy and clientele of The Inn, we also get a few walk outs. Sorry, no trades, work for beds or barter...prices are competitive, rooms are clean and renovated...the surfers (who were disappointed by the high winds today but hoping for a swell tomorrow) and the guys working at the Nuclear Power Plant or Camp Pendleton- they like it...and they are staying...we're on the right track!

Now to interview...I take one day off a week and need to put someone at the desk...hopefully this person will be more reliable than the first maid that I hired, still hoping she's not in a ditch somewhere, worked two days then evaporated...goodness!

No comments:

Post a Comment