Thursday, October 29, 2009

Eek...There's a Mouse in the House!

Now don't you worry, we don't have mice in the rooms...the rooms don't have (very expensive, prescription kitty food)! We caught a little bugger last week, shortly after I saw it run under the door and under the fridge (sweeper was put on the door that same day to deter future furry family members from enjoying the hospitality...) I promptly put part of the cat food in a large zip lock in the fridge and the other part in an airtight, heavy plastic storage tote...that should be fine, right?....Well...no. I opened the cupboard today and noticed a line of blue shreddings....THEN, I noticed that the mouse ate through some really serious plastic, a hole the size of a quarter....I was afraid he might be inside so I opened it outside, safe...next was vacuuming up the shredded plastic and cleaning up after Mickey....I located a hole in the cupboard that must make it very easy for him....trap in place...snap...within 10 minutes- terrible, sorry- just awful...then we found a few more in an outside trap, oof, 6 pack of mice....Hoping we got em all...and yes, we too are wondering: "Where are Lodie and Pipie this whole time?"....Did I mention that their toy/ fake mice make me jump and squeal each time I step on one!? Seriously!

We have three guests tonight, I gave the maid the day off tomorrow...uh-oh! Thankfully, we have 16 rooms so I can just make these unavailable and Elsa will have a nice, full day on Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment