Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Ringing in my ears

So here we are, we have been moved in since October 8th and are officially open for business as of last Saturday. I am trying to get used to the system. Our apartment connects to the front office and we have a dutch door in the kitchen so if a guest comes up to the desk, they "ring the bell for service"...now,I hear the little 'ding' in everything...watching the food network...I will NEVER get a nap! Even commercials, there is a little 'ding' at the end of the Papa John's commercial, it just played...this will be quite an experience!

Our first guests liked the "Retro Room" so much- they stayed a second night. Second guest to check in gave me a box of cookies...so far, we're having a blast! I think a little space clearing is in order once construction is complete and we are ready to occupy all the rooms...I'll explain this later!

Phones are hooked up today, really for the first time, just got a call from a band that will be playing at The OC Tavern in December, looking to book a block of rooms...cool! Great marketing opportunity with OC Tav.

We are trying to change the vibe and clientelle of this little mid-century motel, and I think I am just the girl to complete the mission!

No comments:

Post a Comment