Tuesday, November 17, 2009

So many tales, stories...explanations...

Wow, in all my years as a hotel guest and mystery shopper...I would have NEVER guessed the stories one might hear. No wonder reservationists and conceirge's didn't flinch when I said my husband was detained in NZ and wouldn't be able to make it to our 5th anniversary surprise weekend in Aspen, and they thought nothing of my husband not making it back from Hong Kong while I was in LA...My backstories were so weak...comparitively...goodness, guy with dogs just stopped in to find out if we took pets (kind of him to ask, rather than check the critters into room 3...THE ROOM with the issues and history and apparently KARMA!).

So, No, pets, sorry, leads into a tale of how mister guest has oddles of money and is looking in the area to buy...and then...wait for it...HOW he has come into this money...he has met this "completely and totally crazy, whacked, nuts, crazy woman...she's pretty...and on top of that...frickin' looped...and before she went in, she named him as power of attorney...and she gets out in April, so he needs to "go shoppin""....Oh my...then...he asked if I was married, telling me that I am very cool and have beautiful eyes...fortunately, my hunny was snoring so loud in the living room...so it backed my story...(I wear my ring on my wedding finger, but I had just finished making dinner so I wasn't wearing it...)Oh and dinner, very good! Cream of chicken noodle soup,,,yyyumm!

Then another guest, not the previously mentioned, $20 increment payers (who tried to pull the same song and dance this weekend- they got a flat no, I think they may stay elsewhere next weekend...that's not a bad thing...)So, other guest, weekly...paid $100, calls every day with the car tales, the promised job, the wire transfer that hasn't come through...difference here, good guy, I believe him (hope that doesn't leave a bite mark on my fanny)...calls to keep me informed...brought by another $50 tonight...$100 tomorrow or I need to invite him to leave....oof....

After weeks of waiting to have the phones taken care of/ waiting for the phone guy to show up...I found the name of our previous guy and fortunately, he really didn't have much interest in leaving his office so he walked me through things for free...oh it was crazy though, I was like a nutty professor, checking phone jacks...labeling....running to next jack with phone in hand....and 70 attempts at the outgoing message (don't mind the little squeak at the end of a few sentences...kinda Michael Jackson-ish...eeh-hew-h00...)

This past weekend was quite slow...dinner with friends on Friday night in the courtyard led to a partial power outtage...once the microwave was turned on, in the gazebo....many of you know exactly how I feel about microwaves....confirmation....perhaps?!

Saturday was my first full day off (though I had to work from 7:30p-12a) since we have opened, a day at the NHRA finals in Pomona was a nice change of pace:). Newbie did a really excellent job...and my fantastic cleaning gal was thrilled to have someone who spoke Spanish, to chat with!

A little shopping tomorrow, spending all the petty cash to make sure we have some duvets, coffee pots and a few other very important items....

Hunny tries to stay up with me, that means he doesn't go to bed...but he is often asleep by 8pm, in the chair...like tonight, the comforting thing there...I get to change the channel...hehhehehehe.

Come see us soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment