Monday, November 2, 2009

Knock Three Times...

Oh no, please don't! Perhaps this blog will also serve us with bits of hotel/motel/inn etiquette...Imagine our surprise when someone pounded ON OUR BEDROOM window at 4:00AM on Sunday morning...I was ACTUALLY asleep, soundly, shocked the you know what out of me. I peeked through the blinds and didn't see anyone. I scrambled around for something to put on (thinking that maybe a guest had locked themselves out). I saw a car with brakelights on, from the surveillance camera, couldn't tell if it was a guest. Turned on the office lights for a minute, then the phone rang (remember...this is the morning AFTER Halloween...we've all seen those darned scary movies...) I answer the phone, to a request, "Hi, will you please open up so we can get a room?" I replied, "Sorry, the office doesn't open till 9AM." Caller then says, "Oh, Okay, can you tell me of anyplace that is open now or that has a room?" My professional response was, "I don't know of any, sorry." My inner voice response was "Are you Kidding me? It's 4AM...we are an INN not INN-FORMATION!" I went back to bed and wondered what prompted this person to pound on our window- did they know that was the bedroom of the manager? Did they think that was part of the (dark and obviously closed) office? Or were they just randomly pounding on windows? Good thing that big rig kept us from getting more guests that night because the street was blocked off... We had just talked that day about planting some shrubbery or something that would make it more difficult to get to the window. Tim suggested Cactus, which of course, I am not a big fan of...but they certainly serve their purpose :).

No comments:

Post a Comment