Monday, November 9, 2009

Time Flies...Time Change....Flies Change...what?




Yes, I know, the time change was actually last weekend, but it still hasn't sunk in, to the kitties either! AND, its been DAYS since I reported here....so much good material, I hope I haven't forgotten it all!

Still looking for a gym AND a pedicure ;0). New gal trained tonight, will work out just fine- wow, when was the last time any of us got a job where we were encouraged to play on the computer, watch TV and talk on our cell phone...and we got paid for it....downside, when we are at occupancy...she has to run across to the gas station to use the restroom.....probably wouldn't be so bad...'cept, Newbie is pregnant, 3 months. She's cute and sharp and I gave her the rundown on the locals and how to escape as needed when the conversations are too endless;).

Oh my, I am so intrigued by the fact that we have guests who apparently check in every weekend...and live....just blocks away...hmmmm, motel life, it IS interesting!

Oh and we are really close to Camp Pendleton so the Marine's come by for their night out- this past Saturday there was a really loud and really late Quincinera (sp...forgive me, its in Espanol so it doesn't count as a typo)...so apparently the Mariachi's drowned out the loud boys having a party in room three...yes, the room that was recently the scene of the DOG...oh and incidentally...that guy has NOT returned for the collateral (Nail Gun)...but our owner is looking at it all googley eyed like he is happier to have the nail gun than the cash;). So...boys in 3....loud, guest in 2 complained in the morning...and oooh doggie....after they checked out, housekeeper went in and ran to our door, with the smoke detector in her hand (which she retrieved from the trash can....ummm, did they NOT realize that CIGARS don't set off SD's! OOF, the room smells TERRIBLE....and...Yes, just like the fact that the pet policy is listed on the registration sheet/folio, we have it listed that there is a $200 fine for smoking in rooms....Soooo, you probably guessed this....the card on file, DECLINED....here's where it gets juicy,,, Newbie knows the rules of the road and suggested I call Pendleton and let them know that this kid is being delinquent and owes $200...then she also mentioned that he probably gets paid this Friday and his check will be direct deposited...alrighty...Friday morning,,,,run that charge again! THEN call his C.O.....don't mess with the motel, boys....

We were at full occupancy on Friday night and 90% on Saturday, some interesting current guests....one couple who likes to pay in $20 increments, starting at check out time and going till 1pm....its just odd....and another guy, shows up at 3 on Fridays...trashy- trashed....and spends the weekend drinking lots and lots of coors light, he's harmless, thinks he is so funny....just needs a break from the P's....and I am sure they are greatful since he has to be pushing 40....oh goodness....
And...I need to request to another guest that....Um, he STOP painting the tree out back....yes, "Sir, please stop painting the tree...BROWN....what...is this like tanning for a tree? I think the tree is okay....leave it alone, por favor!
Loving the fact that we are getting some repeat guests who are really here to surf, they are doing the coast and coming back to us because Trestles rocks and they dig our hip rooms!
Hmmm, I am watching Chelsea Lately and maybe she has the name of my new band...or blog...or at least the eternal question: "Why do bad things always have to happen in vans..." (Vans as Victims....?) Any of my relocation and real estate clients who are reading this may remember my theories about vans....and how they depreciate neighborhoods...I'm just sayin'!

See, its been too long, there was too much...and I don't recall all that went on over the weekend...boy....

Saturday will be a real day off,,,, and hopefully Newbie will be just fine, I have her working a LONG day...

I need to start sending guests to YELP and the like to review us...we need to move those other reviews DOWN the list...new management...let's focus on that ;).

I sort of got my first review today from my boss, he asked, "How are you liking this? Is it what you thought it would be, do you like it?" then he stopped himself and said that he wasn't asking right...so my response was, "Ummm, are you happy with this (me), do you like the way its (I'm) working, is it (am I) all you hoped it (I)would be?"...and his response was, "We are THRILLED, we are really happy...." So, there we have it, good night and good news:).

No comments:

Post a Comment